Thursday, April 15, 2010

Prelim Comparative Unit: '1984' and 'V for Vendetta'

Thought I would give the program and a few other resources for this unit as it seems to have interested a few visitors to the site. The program is only a rough guide and could be easily modified to suit student ability and teacher preference. This can be found on my year 11 wiki page:
There is a mass of material available for '1984' and dystopias in general but less of any real substance for 'V'. Think this unit will be an interesting one to teach.
If you are looking to do a critical study of text, there is a New Zealand teacher who offers detailed study guide/film deconstruction material, including 'V' at the following site. Her range is extensive and well worth a look.
Almost finished my holiday marking but still have a lot of work to do on Term 2 preparation.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”~George Orwell

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara, I was just wondering if you would mind sharing your V for Vendetta overview? I found your blog when looking for a review of the Artemis Film resources (which I found - thank you!). I am desperately trying to put resources together for a unit of work and I am struggling! I am looking forward to attending your 'Hamlet' TTA session later this year! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete